Music Software with Drum Kit-kit?

Music Software with Drum Kit-kit?

by monkey_dg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi all,
I have set up my drum kit as instructed on the Spikenzie labs website. My current setup is as follows:

Piezo element -> Arduino MEGO 2560 -> Serial to MIDI converter (provided on website) -> Midi Yoke -> Fl Studios/Ableton Live/Anything that works

It seems like my setup is working with some success, as most of the hits do produce a note in FL Studios. My problem seems to be which note is played. I have tried tweaking the code (provided on the website) without much success. I always seem to get some weird random low note (usually the 2nd f sharp if that means anything). I think the problem might lie with either the S2M converter, or my knowledge with setting up a music software.
It would be great if I could get a walkthrough of how to set up my music software. I can change anything in my above setup except the arduino, so let me know what you think. Google has not helped, and the Spikenzie website simply says "open your favorite drum software and hit some drums!".

Anything you guys come up with is helpful. I bought the kit, and it doesn't seem to work for me.

On an alternate note, I have been looking into using a Linux setup, with Jack converting the serial to MIDI, and sending it directly to Hydrogen. Does anyone else have a similar setup? Tips would be useful.

Thanks everyone
monkey_dg

Return to Drum Kit