question about laser service

question about laser service

Postby volta223 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:04 am

Hi, sorry I was not sure where to put this topic. Please move it to the correct place.

I am interested in your laser service. I am working on a project. I am making a custom led matrix for this project. This is my custom led matrix.

I need to cut the outline of this led matrix on a piece of plastic. I could use a saw right, but I already tried and its not detailed and precise enough. That is why I am thinking of laser cutter.

I need this part right here. Not the pyramid looking thing you cut out, but the piece of plastic itself. This.

I don't have a cad drawing yet, but I could make one. If I do, could you make something like this for me? And how much would it cost. The size is about 7X 7 cm.

Thank you.
volta223

Re: question about laser service

Postby Spike » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 am

You could use the Mini-Cut service to make this part for you in 1/8" or 1/4" acrylic.

http://www.spikenzielabs.com/Catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_14

Since your design looks straight forward, it may be easier to just send an email with your dimensions than making a file.
Spike
Site Admin

Postby volta223 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 am

Hi, would it be possible for you to cut my design in a project enclosure box if I send you the box, or if you have such boxes, I can buy it from you. I changed my design a little. I don't need a single shape now, I need 20 little squares arranged in a design. Here is a picture.

fndsf.JPG
fndsf.JPG (11.24 KiB) Viewed 13625 times

I know this is not your standard service, but I am willing to pay for it.
Thank you.
volta223

Postby Spike » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:34 am

We could cut this sort of shape into a box top, but, the material that the box is made of must be "OK" for the laser cutter.

What is your box made out of (do you have manufacture part number / spec sheet)? Or, what size box do you need?
Spike
Site Admin

Postby volta223 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Thank you very much!!!! Below is a picture of what it looks like after you cut it out for me, and I inserted LED's. Its beautiful. Merci. ;)

IMG_1784.jpg
IMG_1784.jpg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 13608 times

Now I can tell you that this is going to be a binary clock. Each row of LED's represents time. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, am/pm. I could never do this by hand. I highly recommend your service to all my friends.
volta223

Postby Spike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:16 am

Glad that you like it!

Cheers,
Spike
Spike
Site Admin

Return to Laser Cutter