Loading code on Minuino with OS X

Loading code on Minuino with OS X

Postby pingswept » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:17 pm

(This question is actually about the Minuino, not the Prototino, but it was the closest subforum I could find.)

I've assembled my Minuino successfully. When powered through a FTDI adapter, it blinks an LED, so it looks like it's executing code. Here's the setup: https://twitter.com/#!/rascalmicro/stat ... 8866931712

When I try to upload code with the Arduino 1.0 IDE to the Minuino from my OS X Lion laptop, I get this error message:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

In the IDE, I have the board set to Arduino Uno and the serial port set to /dev/tty.usbserial-A600eIoS. I can see the TX light on the FTDI board flash three times when I upload, so I expect that the laptop is actually sending data to the Minuino.

If you look closely at the picture linked above, you might notice that the FTDI board says 3.3V on it. I have sliced the jumper on the back and soldered the 5V pads to convert it to 5 V. I've verified that the 5 V pin on the Minuino is actually receiving 5 V.

Should I expect all this to work? How can I go about debugging it? Look at the TX, RX, and DTR lines with a scope?
pingswept

Return to Prototino